The #1 source of news information, entertainment and advertising in southeast Virginia and northeast North Carolina. Voted Best Newspaper in the state 29 out of the last 36 years by Virginia Press Association. Three time Pulitzer Prize winner (three finalists since 2007). Two Silver awards for Visual Journalism by Society for News Design and five 1st Place awards, Best Use of Pictures by Pictures of the Year.
PilotOnline.com is the region’s trusted sources for comprehensive coverage of all the area’s news and entertainment information. We deliver targeted ad placements to more effectively drive local traffic to your storefront and website.
Why Should You Advertise with The Pilot?
- Our circulation reaches 450,900 readers weekly.
- 36% of South Hampton Roads adults read The Virginian-Pilot every week.
- 79% of adults took action as a result of seeing an ad in the newspaper in the past month.
- 48% of adults bought something advertised in a newspaper print ad in the past month.
- Over 14% of the average household income of a PilotOnline.com visitor in the past 30 days is $75,233 (14% more than non-visitors) and home market values are 8% higher.
- PilotOnline.com has 8.6 million page views and 2.4 million unique users per month.
Source: AAM 2017 Q4; Nielsen, Scarborough 2017 (Release 2); comScore 2017.